20 September 2010

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

I had set out to write tonight, got dressed, got my butt into my writing studio. I realized how often b.s. stands in the way. Right at 7 when I sit to write, my blood sugar dips to 62 and takes with it any capacity to think clearly. so, I sit here, pecking away at the keys with one hand, the other holding up my sagging head, fully aware of the dullness sand myriad (yeah, I know it's overused) of typos and punctuation crap. but, whatever, i guess i'll edit later. i have vowed to write weekly, so here is the crap that flows when i am low. now i will lower my sagging head to the cold desk at sit back as i watch my swirling mind slowly be fed more and more sugar and hope that the endless lows choose not to kill the parts of my brain that i need and use, maybe theyll destroy my worry center or my hyper critical part, or maybe the part that loves any sort of goodie late at night. guess we'll find out soon enough. (push "post"" without a second look)

4 comments:

  1. Remember that any "I'm low" post must be followed the next day by an "I'm OK" post so that your friends don't worry about you.
    That's a rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....please send along an "all is ok" post soon.....only upside? a sick day on the horizon??? Hope school is going well and your boys in your class are way more mature than the whiners I have....you'd think by 7th grade there'd be at least an ounce of maturity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, didn't mean to scare anyone. i also didn't mean to let all that crap out into the world. spent a good deal of last night waiting for today so I could take it all down, didn't mean to unleash that on the world. And, yes, I'm as close to ok as a hyperthyroid, diabetic lunatic can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, erin... that same thing happens to me. i sit down to write and my BAC dips to .62 and takes away any capacity to think clearly. well... in my mind it is crystal... but when i look at in the morning it is mud.

    i'm glad you're writing.

    ReplyDelete